Community post

Discussion

Over 40 and ttc

View Full Post

Hi everyone,
Is anyone else over 40 and ttc? I couldn't find any groups on this page and would love to start one if there is interest. I am 42 and have been ttc for 14 months. Very interested in hearing what others have tried and what your experiences have been.

User Image

26 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 26 Replies | Last Page

Hi Thanks for the welcome! I am using OPKs but here's what the last 3 months have been like:

We just got married end of April but stopped using BC in late March...I tracked the first cycle with OPKs and got a smiley on the morning of CD12 & again evening of CD12, BUT DH was absolutely exhausted (he has a strenuous job) and we didn't dtd until 3 days later I didn't expect it would amount to anything...the next month we were on our honeymoon so no tracking took place, but neither did conception...The end of May I tracked again and got the smiley on CD12 again, but this time in the afternoon - and it was gone the next morning - dtd twice that week and nothing.

This latest cycle I was stupid...I figured that since the other two months were around CD12, I took 4 tests only (CD11 p.m., CD12 a.m. & p.m., & CD13 a.m.) NO SMILE. I should have tested beginning CD 10 through CD16 - just in case I went earlier or later. So I have no idea when I OV - we still dtd on CD12 anyway and again on CD15 but AF showed her face yesterday (on CD28, which is actually late for me - normally my cycle goes between 25-27).

I have already told him that we need to BD every other day this month during my fertile times no matter what...I think maybe we just haven't been doing it enough LOL. He's just so tired after work (especially when its hot & humid out) - he works outside most days...

12 years ago

Hi, If you have about 130. you don't mind investing, I highly recommend getting an ovulation monitor. I have the clear blue easy one. It gives you more days than just the one, for example it tells you which days you ovulate but also tells you the days surrounding it that you are more likely to conceive.
Good luck and

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

great to have found you. I'm 41 and ttc so I was looking for others in the same boat. I'm trying for my first child and this is my third cycle, I'm hoping 3rd timw will be the charm as they say. currently, I'm 8 dpo. cramping peaked on day 6 but is going down gradually..wishing you the best

User Image

12 years ago

Hi Ladies,

I am very new to this webiste & chatting online. But here's some good news for you!

My Husband & I were not going to have children, then at me 39yrs & him at 40yrs we thought we might regret it. So I went off the pill two weeks later & to our surprise & delight fell pregnant 1st cycle round. Sadly our Baby Oliver died at birth (36wks). He had contracted eColi while still in the placenta which apparenty which is very rare 1 in a million. Then to our surprise again I fell pregnant just 6 wks later, I gave birth to Darian 1 week after turning 41yrs old.

Now here I am again desperate to have another child at 43yrs old. I'm now 11DPO have all the same symptoms that I did with my boys! Not sure if it is in my head or not so fingers crossed.

It's very scary reading all the DOWN sides to trying to conceive at 40+ but I say DON'T GIVE UP HOPE!

I had a friend tell me a few tricks to help us conceive if your interested let me know..

Good Luck ladies will keep your posted on my journey.

12 years ago

Hey there ladies, mind if I join you?? I'm 41 (will be 42 in May) DH is 42....we've conceived 2x in the past year, in July when we were actively trying, mc'd at 9.5 weeks and this past month which ended this past week in a chemical.

We had said we weren't going to try again after the 1st mc (this would be our 2nd, we have our DD who will be 3 in May as well) but the chemical has re-sparked our desire to have another.

Medical intervention isn't in the financial cards for us so, if it happens again, it's au-naturale! I am on prenatals & some otc herbals and I put the DH on zinc along w/ his multi. Those w/ preseed & softcups are our arsenal!!! (and a lot o' prayer)

Glad to be w/ you ladies, most of our family is less than supportive due to our age so we're keeping it quiet and I can use all the support I can get! (Mostly because the DH gets sick of talking about it!!)

Me: almost 42 (May) DH: 42 DD: soon to be 3 (also May!) Honeymoon baby conceived at 38, born at 39 08/11 mc 9.5 weeks. Lost heartbeat, growth stopped 7.5 weeks d&c 11weeks 02/12 chemical pg 4 weeks + 4 (surprise pg) 04/12 BFP!! EDD 12/09/12 PLEASE GOD! PRAISE GOD!! My cocktail:prenatal baby aspirin EPO cd1-O B-100 maca, vitex green tea Now: Prometrium 100mg, by mouth, 2x a day

12 years ago

I will be 40 next month...Married last May and TTC since then. Taking Chlomid for the first time this month...fingers crossed! Best to you all. :)

12 years ago

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately were were not preg last month, but not giving up hope. I went to see my Dr & she has done a blood test called AHM to determine my ovirian reserve!
If you just google AHM fertility blood test there is lots of info you can read up on.

My results will be back next week so will keep you posted. But at least I will know my what my Odds are of falling pregnant & if we should keep trying or be grateful for the ONE BIG HEALTHY Boy we have..

Good luck everyone

12 years ago

Hi Ladies,

I'm turning 40 next month, never had children, and my husband (who has 2 kids from a previous marriage) was deployed to Afghanistan the week after I had an ectopic, making this experience gut-wrenching. TTC through Skype is also a little difficult ;)

I wish there were a 40+ forum on this site... you all have many things to share and I will need some serious support when he's back in mid-June.

to all of you!!!

User Image User Image

12 years ago

Don't dispare there is hope! I conceived two bubba's at 39 & 40. I'm now 43 1/2 & trying for number 3. You can get your egg reserve tested by doing a simple blood test called AMH.. I highly recommened that you get yourself a really good OBGYN that can help you with support ect. Mine told me that it's not a problem to get me pregnant that is the easy part. The hard part is to deliver a healthy baby. Take care wsihing you lots of

12 years ago

Thanks ellaboo!
It is encouraging to hear stories like yours. And you're right... it wasn't a problem for me to get pregnant, but the little bugger just didn't make it to the right place. I guess he inherited his navigation skills from his dad ;)

I have an awesome OBGYN and I see him in May for the post-ectopic hystero-thingy, as well as my 40s fertility examination. I will ask him for the AMH as well. Great suggestion!

User Image User Image

12 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo