Community post

Discussion

Anyone late 30s and up trying to conceive again? :) Pt.3

View Full Post

Hi ladies,

since we have reached 17 pages on our thread, we have to start a new one...

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

64 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 64 Replies | Last Page

Jenn... Try googling "cervix position" - there is lots of information out there!! In the beginning it is important to check at about the same time every day (i.e. in the morning or before you go to bed) and also to do it in the same position as changing your position can also affect how you perceive the position of the cervix. Some do it sitting on the toilet like angel, I always do it standing up and you are normally slightly bend forward...

Mama_Belle... Crossing all my fingers and toes for you!! I know how hard this must be sitting there not doing anything while a perfectly fine egg is being released.

Kraken... Oh my, so sorry to hear about tonsilitis! :(((

AFM: Although I thought I would O on Saturday, my temp was still low on Sunday. We did not bd last night (I was exhausted), but my temps were up this morning. So, I am not sure if I am 1DPO or 2DPO, but I am def in the TWW!!!!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago • Post starter

yaaaayyy Toronto!!!!! lots of prayers going up for you :)

a tidbit that I happened across hoping it might help someone:

Femoral Artery Massage

This exercise increases blood flow to pelvic organs, providing nourishment to the uterus and ovaries. A partner may more effectively perform this massage.
Compress (by applying pressure with your fingertips) the large artery just beneath the crease in your groin between your thigh and lower abdomen. This is the femoral artery, which comes from the iliac artery. The iliac artery has branches that supply blood to the uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries. The ovaries have an additional Blood supply, which branches off the arterial section that supplies the kidneys.
You should be able to feel with your fingertips when the pulsation of the artery stops. Hold the pressure for 30 to 45 seconds. The blood is now backing up and increasing the pressure in the iliac arteries, forcing more blood into the pelvic arteries and flooding the pelvic organs with blood.
Release the pressure and let the blood flow normally. When the hold is released, you should feel a sensation of warmth rushing down your leg as the blood supply returns to the lower extremity.
Repeat on the opposite side. Perform this femoral artery massage sequence three times in a row, twice a day, up to ovulation (or the day before embryo transfer but not beyond).

This is supposed to help increase blood flow to the uterus to help thicken the lining.

there was also a warning to not do this if pregnant, or you think you might be pregnant.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

3days late so done a test, but it's come back bfn. Now I'm just wishing AF would hurry up so we can start it all over again xxx :-((
Baby dust xxx

User Image

11 years ago

I'll be honest & say that I'm WAY behind in my lurking, so I can't begin to address everyone..It's been a week of great sorrow & great joy. We lost my FIL to a very long time illness. We are of course sad but consoled that he is at rest AAAAND.........

20 week scan was "beautiful" in the words of the doctor. and we're gonna get our boy! Meet the soon to be Leo Richard Morrison! named after his wonderful Grampa!

http://www.countdownmypregnancy.com/res/img/user_files/resized/cmp-105_opt-1343147316.jpg?s=large

Hope all is well & we get many many "grads" soon!

Me: almost 42 (May) DH: 42 DD: soon to be 3 (also May!) Honeymoon baby conceived at 38, born at 39 08/11 mc 9.5 weeks. Lost heartbeat, growth stopped 7.5 weeks d&c 11weeks 02/12 chemical pg 4 weeks + 4 (surprise pg) 04/12 BFP!! EDD 12/09/12 PLEASE GOD! PRAISE GOD!! My cocktail:prenatal baby aspirin EPO cd1-O B-100 maca, vitex green tea Now: Prometrium 100mg, by mouth, 2x a day

11 years ago

airiesing-I am so sorry for your loss, hun. But awwww so happy for you and your lil boy and that everything is going well for you and baby. Will continue to keep y'all in my prayers. (((HUGS)))

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

airiesing... I'm very sorry for your loss... But in the circle of life, his grandson will carry on his name. Thanks for the update.

So, my O-day was moved to Sunday, which puts me at 3dpo. I regret that I did not use an OPK on Saturday to see whether is was still + but now I have to assume that I probably o'd on Sunday, which is a shame since we did not bd that day. Sigh. I did not really see much of EWCM but I hope that a swimmer made it to the egg anyway.

TGIF ladies!! How is everyone doing??

Hope all is well...

Toronto-how are you doing?

Airiesing-I'm glad baby is doing well. Sorry about your FIL!

Hope everyone had a great week.

AFM-Thanks for all the "checking your cervix" answers. Still haven't tried yet. Hubby and I have been swamped working on the house so it's been a nice distraction. Got a positive OPK earlier today. BDed as soon as I saw it. Did one more because I'm poas addict and it was negative. I'm not due to ovulate until cd20, so could this be a false positive?

User Image

11 years ago

Hi Jenn,
it's possible that you caught the Pos. Opk on the backend of the LH surge. Or the second go round your urin was too diluted if you did not wait 4 hours or drank too much.

Happy weekend EOE!!

Afm: Fertilityfriend moved my o-date up after I added back the "I thought this could've been +opk from Thursday". There is a temp rise right after, although a bit slow. This would put me somewhere between 6dpo and 9dpo. CTP puts my o-date on Sunday, which was my birthday.

I have been feeling some faint cramping in my uterus, which doesn't really say anything since I've had those also before AF. Yesterday I felt a sharp short pain in my lower abdomen and in the evening, my boobs hurt inside. Not sore, but uncomfortable. I think none of these are clear "symptoms" as they could also be PMS symptoms. Sigh.

So I guess I am somewhere between 6dpo and 9dpo. Still planning to poas next week if AF doesn't show before than.

xo

How is everyone? It's been awfully quiet around here...

I am out this cycle. Although the witch is not here yet, I know she is imminent. I most definitely do not need to test. I know my body too well. All signs point to BFN. I know it's going to be tomorrow or Thursday, without the progesterone, she would have likely arrived today. LE SIGH.

I am pretty down about it. But I will call the REs office and see if I can schedule an appt. to talk about my last attempt at IVF with my own eggs...

hugs,
Claudia

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo