Community post

Discussion

How often does everyone 'BD' when TTC? Taking concensus!

View Full Post

Hi out there in baby land. Ok so, I am wondering how often all you ladies out there are BD when TTC?

I am a busy stay at home mom of 1 right now, a 20 month old, and even though I know I should probably be getting busy more often to increase my chances of conceiving #2... I am just not always in the mood! Even though I want another very badly. If you are a busy mom already you know how it is....you're tired a lot. On avg during my fertile week, the hubby and I are doing it twice....on the most fertile days. Not enough, right?

Got preg with my first very fast, on the 2nd try.....but I wasnt a tired out mom of a toddler then and I think we did it every day or at least every other day during my fertile week. Feel like I need to get back on the ball....

Anyone else going thru this?

29 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 29 Replies | Last Page

almost every day lol, we haven't changed our "Loving" habits since we're TTC.
but the days Af's visiting, then there's no loving haha

" rel="nofollow"> Victoria & Aaron TTC baby #1

11 years ago

Have you had any luck yet? I just ovulated (I believe) on the 11th...here goes another 2 WW! Got my pos opk a day earlier than usual this month and was much dryer in the cm area than usual. Im hoping that does not have a negative affect :(. Do you use opks? I test twice a day and when I tested mon morning it was neg but by 3pm it was positive so we BD mon afternoon, mon night, tues afternoon and wed morning. Then Wednesday afternoon it went neg again. I hope we got the days right!

11 years ago

hi Jjcwell. Not sure if I have had luck yet.....in the TWW again right now as well =) I ovulated on the 8th-9th....tested 3 times those days and got a super dark line late the 8th into the day of the 9th...(based on my cycle my predicted ov date was the 8th and OPKs basically confirmed that! which is funny because I must be in tune with my body as I thought in the past when I could feel ovulation happening but wasnt 100% sure.....same feelings the 8th/9th and sure enough the OPK was pos. Good to know those things seem to work (this was my first month using OPKs btw). We BD every other day leading up to ov....didnt really have the option to do it after ov because my husband left on the 9th for a business trip....so, we BD 3 times leading up to it...the 4th, 6th, and 8th. when i checked CM on the 7th and 8th (the day ov started), it was plentiful and EW consistency! i have been taking fertile CM coral calcium supplements and drinking loads of water for the past few weeks and definitely noticed a difference in CM on my fertile days. hopefully it has done some good in increasing chances. we shall see what happens this month. honestly, i am trying not to think about it too much because I dont wanna get my hopes up and then be disappointed when AF rears her ugly red head again... so...I am telling myself i wont be pregnant this month. telling myself it will take at least another few months trying for something to happen. we will see. best of luck to you and keep posted on news!! =)

11 years ago • Post starter

I hate the 2WW!! So you are about 5dpo I'm 2dpo today. Good luck hope both of us get our BFPs this cycle. I too am not getting my hopes up and already assuming it won't happen! Funny. I just hope we didn't miss a crucial day (day before pos opk). I definitely caught my surge on the way up not down because I tested several hrs earlier that day and it was neg. And literally we dtd within mins of the pos opk. I'm cautiously hopeful! Sounds like you got your days pretty spot on. I just never know whIch day I actually o on after the initial pos opk. Because I get crampy for 3 days. I think I ovulate the day my test turns back to neg. is that true for you? Such a puzzle this whole thing is!

11 years ago

Well, you should be good up to 3 days before ov and 1 day after...day before and after being more fertile and ov day being most. When you consider how long it takes the swimmers to meet your egg, sounds like your BD timing should also be good for your most fertile :) all we can do is try on our most fertile days and let nature take its course. I know we wish we could just place the sperm right in front of that egg ourselves though...lol

I hope we get our bfp this cycle, too. Really, best best luck to you!! :)

We are in our 2nd month TTC for #3 and hoping and praying for a girl. We have 2 wonderful little boys already 7 and 3 and getting preggo soon would make all the kids 4yrs apart perfect for us. We BD every other day the week before OV. Then about 3days before OV we start BD every day up until the day after just for good messure LOL.

11 years ago

Any luck this cycle? AF showed for me today :(

11 years ago

Yes, I got pregnant this cycle! :) AF was due on Saturday the 21st and didnt show. When it didnt come Sunday i was still feeling like it might but took a test late morning and got a faint positive! Still no AF and it is Tuesday (i am never late) and i have had about 6 positive tests so far...the line getting darker by the hour it seems! :) I am so excited. Due date around March 31st-April 2nd! My first appointment is scheduled for 8 weeks, on August 22nd

I am still kind of in shock..it is very surreal.

Best of luck to you this next cycle Jjcwell!! You will get your BFP soon! :)

Oh so exciting! Congrats! So how many cycles did it take for you? I'm super bummed but trying to be positive. Looking ahead to o week starting next thurs :)

11 years ago

Thank you! It was officially 3 cycles for me to get pregnant. But technically....2. I could have gotten pregnant in May based on the fact my hubby and I BD once right on O day-most fertile..but that was also only 2 weeks or so after I underwent LEEP procedure and heal time was 2 weeks...so i didnt expect to get pregnant right after when my cervix wasnt fully healed yet. June we officially planned on it and BD more often during my fertile week...but I think i miscalculated O date. I did some reading after that and found out LEEP can leave you more acidic...that is why i started taking fertile CM coral calcium supplements, to increase the quantity and quality of my cervical mucous...and tried OPKs for the first time this cycle to pinpoint O (which i was only off by a day..the OPKs worked and we BD every other day leading up to O, and the day of. I also started eating loads of sardines and salmon, and juicing veggies and fruits a few times a day. Drinkng lots of water too. I think all of these things combined worked for me!

You will get your BFP soon too! Keep trying! I know its a bummer when af shows but it will happen for you!!! :) i suggest trying fertile CM...coral calcium supplements. You only need to take it til you conceive....but i really noticed a diff in my CM on fertile days from taking it (and drinking lots of water). Increased quantity and perfect eggwhite consistency for carrying more of those little swimmers to the eggie! ;) good luck and keep me posted!!

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo