Day Past Ovulation 56789101112131415    
Start a New Topic

Trying to Conceive Discussion Forum

Recent Activity Forum Categories   Hide Signatures

starting clomid, anyone with me? Can I get a hell ya! part 4 - Page 2

Reply by Sweeti7628 » May. 29, 2012 1:06pm

@ tricia 11: There's really no reason to retest for ovulation once you have that smiley face. Once you know O is in the near future, just BD at least once each day until you notice a sharp rise in temps on your BBT chart. A dip in temps just before O is perfectly normal. Good luck!

Sweeti7628

Reply by LittleDebbie » May. 29, 2012 2:57pm

when i was ttc my dr told me to bd every other day. that any more than that dh's little guys wouldn't be at their best. (that's the best way i can think of to put that). dh and i bd'd every other day from cd12-20 (just in case i o'd late).
to all the ladies disappointed by their early BFN. In february when i got pregnant i had a BFN on 14dpo. I thought i was done. on 19dpo i got my BFP!! so don't give up hope!

LittleDebbie

Reply by Swimmom » May. 31, 2012 12:04am

Thanks Little Debbie!!!! I needed to hear that!!!!

User Image

Swimmom

Reply by JamieNix » May. 31, 2012 6:18am

Just a little update, 16dpo no AF, but have been having lots of cramps today and yesterday. AF feels like she is on her way. Cramps were really bad last night. I really wish I could've stayed in bed today. All I want to do is sleep and a cuddle up with my hubby. I called my doctor and he wants me to do a 4th round of clomid. They are willing to do up to 6 rounds. He also wants an HCG test, which will either be done during my 4th or 5th round... My hubby still needs to have his sperm analysis done, but he just started working a new job and hasn't had anytime to have it done. The place that takes the analysis is only open a few hours a day during the week. So I'm not sure how we're going to be able to get that done for him. Hopeing we can do that soon!!! We've done the sperm check tests that you can buy at walgreens, and that came out fine, but doc still wants it done so he can see the results. The sperm check test only checks for the count, not for anything else. But my hubby's count is the only thing my doctor has been worried about since the postcoital test.
I hope we start seeing some BFPs in here soon! Sticky, baby dust to all of you ladies!!!

User Image

JamieNix

Reply by felurian » May. 31, 2012 4:31pm

Thanks for the update, JamieNix. I know how hard it can be to find the time to get hubby into the doctor. It took three months to get mine in for a sperm analysis.

I'm in a similar situation. 15 DPO, no AF, still BFNs, and cramps. I feel like AF will start any minute. I'm also feeling kind of depressed today because I found out my very last married friend without children is pregnant. It's so hard being the first of my friends to get married and the first to try to have kids to now being the last to have children. So I'm just in a pretty foul mood today. I keep trying to think of things that I can do that the rest of my friends can't, but it doesn't really help cheer me up that much. But so far I have:

I can eat sushi
I can drink my Dr. Pepper every once in a while
I can go to the amusement park in my city
I can decide last minute to go out with my husband and stay out downtown as long as I want
I have time to work on my novel
We can travel more easily than those with babies

Anyway, anything else to add to the list? I'm trying to focus on the positive!

Been TTC since Feb. 2010
progressingincircles.blogspot.com

felurian

Reply by lisserb » May. 31, 2012 4:47pm

@felurian - you can sleep all night long and you can sleep in on your days off.

*hugs* to you and Jamienix. I know how hard it can be to wait.

lisserb

Reply by Swimmom » May. 31, 2012 5:15pm

Hi ladies, 14dpo and right there with you...I used up all my hpt pee sticks...i haven't tested in 2 days, so i have like 20 opk tests and decided to use one of those.....is it normal to have a LH surge the day before af? Praying the doesn't show for any of us and we are all late implanters!!!!!!

User Image

Swimmom

Reply by felurian » May. 31, 2012 5:32pm

Yes, lisserb! Sleep. Losing sleep is the one and only thing I am not excited about when I do someday have a baby.

Swimmom and JamieNix, one of us has to be a late impanter! If just one of us gets a BFP I'll be happy!

Been TTC since Feb. 2010

felurian

Reply by JamieNix » May. 31, 2012 6:43pm

Thanks so much ladies. I like your idea of thinking about the positives. I too will be happy if one of us gets our bfp too. I've been feeling depressed today too. I think i might be pmsing... my sister has a scheduled c section in 13 days... when i told her we had been trying for quite a while, she had her bc removed and got pregnant the very next month, without discussing it with her husband who didn'teven want kids yet. She already has a 6 yr old from a previous relationship. When my hubby and i got engaged, she got mad that she wasn't engaged yet. So they got engaged a couple weeks later. And rushed to get married a couple months later. I had a coworker do the EXACT SAME thing, same time. Wedding and all... She just had her baby...

JamieNix

Reply by Sweeti7628 » May. 31, 2012 7:04pm

@ JamieNix: I hope those cramps are not related to AF! That bites that your sister has to have everything you have! I'm sorry you're having to deal with her getting ready to have her baby.

@ felurian: Add, you don't have to get a babysitter to go out with your hubby alone for a few hours. And your vocabulary still resembles that of an intelligent adult instead of baby talk!

@ Swimmom: No, it is not common to have an LG surge just before AF is due. HOWEVER, ovulation tests often also pick up pregnancy hormones. A friend of mine actually found out she was pregnant using an O test and then confirmed it with an HPT a couple hours later. I hope that is a good sign!

I hope all three of you are just late implanters and that you get BFPs soon!

Sweeti7628

Reply by Swimmom » May. 31, 2012 10:54pm

sweeti- I hope you are right!

And I agree I will be happy if just one of us gets a BFP! But how awesome would it be if ALL three of us did!!!!!!!!
WE had dinner with close couple friends of ours and on the way home i made dh stop and get some more hpt.......I am going to test in the morning.......dang witch better not show tomorrow or this week or this cycle..........lol....total pms symptoms........super crampy and irritated........

User Image

Swimmom

Reply by felurian » May. 31, 2012 11:39pm

Oh, yay, good luck testing in the morning, Swimmom! I will be doing the same if AF hasn't started.

Been TTC since Feb. 2010

felurian

Reply by JamieNix » Jun. 1, 2012 6:47am

AF reared her ugly face today. Looks like I'll be on to cycle 4 of clomid. When I first started clomid, I never really thought that I'd have to go past 3 cycles. Truthfully, I felt more hopeful for my first cycle than I did for any of them. It's official, we've been TTC for 14 months now. I know some women have been trying for even longer than that. All those years of taking BC to prevent pregnancy, and now I can't even get pregnant. My apologies ladies, I'm feeling very negative today... Wishing I could've stayed in bed, watch movies, and eat sweets all day today. Thinking I might give myself a little break tonight and have myself a glass of wine...

User Image

JamieNix

Reply by Sweeti7628 » Jun. 1, 2012 1:02pm

@ JamieNix: I am so sorry showed up. I hope your 4th round of Clomid brings you more luck!

Sweeti7628

Reply by felurian » Jun. 1, 2012 2:30pm

AF is here for me, too. Ill be on round three this month.

Been TTC since Feb. 2010

felurian

Reply by lisserb » Jun. 1, 2012 2:55pm

I'm sorry AF showed for you guys.

I'm at 9dpiui. I think the trigger shot is completely gone now. I've posted a few tests, but they've had differing opinions as to whether or not there was a second line still there or not. I still can't really tell if there is a very faint second line on today's or not. I'm going with negative though. I'll probably test with a frer tomorrow. Last time the frer showed a faint positive at 10dpiui that got consistently darker from there. I'm hoping for the same pattern!

lisserb

Reply by babylove9 » Jun. 1, 2012 3:20pm

Hello Ladies

So sorry to read about the bfn's. We all understand how hard this journey is. Try to stay positive and optimistic-some day we will be blessed!

Lisserb~Do you mind sharing your IUI experience with me? I'll be taking that step in the fall and would like to know what to expect.

I'm on my second month of not taking clomid and pretty sure I haven't ovulated. I'm on cd18 and had high fertility readings for days and not any peak readings so I just stopped testing. I go for another Day21 progesterone check on Monday but pretty sure the results will be low. I didn't have any ovulation cramps and my temp has been consistent (no big lows or highs) this cycle. It's odd because before Clomid I always had a peak reading on my monitor. It's almost like after taking the Clomid I can't ovulate on my own anymore. We are happy to take a break and just enjoy our summer-in the fall we'll do Clomid again but with IUI. I'm trying to keep my head up through all of this. I know some day I'll be a Mommy and our baby will be loved more than anything else in this entire world!

Wishing you all a wonderful RELAXING weekend!

babylove9

Reply by felurian » Jun. 1, 2012 11:34pm

This is legitimately the worst period I've ever had! Holy moly, I have been in pain curled up on my bed all day long! Did the rest of you notice your periods being more painful while on Clomid? The weird thing is, I have a pretty light flow.

Been TTC since Feb. 2010

felurian

Reply by Swimmom » Jun. 1, 2012 11:55pm

Dang af I'm so sorry ladies..... for me today, lots of cramps but no af..I would rather just get on to the next cycle...this will be my 3rd round. I think dh needs count to be tested and i want a hsg to make sure my tubes are open....i'm crabby and crampy and feeling down too....I think it's ok to take a day to just cry it out and move on to the next cycle....we just needed the time to get to know each other and another month so we won't be so hot being pregnant in the summer...right??? I'm never giving up...

User Image

Swimmom

Reply by Swimmom » Jun. 2, 2012 12:00am

felurian-my cramps have been way worse this cycle too, and i've been having hot flashes.....I'm not sure what to do, I have only one more clomid cycle...i am wondering if i should take a cycle off and then do the one more clomid cycle, i've heard that it stays in your system? I have no idea if that is true....anyone have an hsg test?

Swimmom