Community post

Discussion

starting clomid, anyone with me? Can I get a hell ya! part 3

View Full Post

Welcome to all the ladies out there who have been riding the ttc roller coaster and have decided to give Clomid a try! We are a super group of ladies so feel free to share your every thought:)

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

288 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 288 Replies | Last Page

Finally found it ladies!!!! Lol. Well an update on me... Im 11 dpo and decided that im not going to take a test at all. I am going to wait and see if af shows and if it doesnt i will test the day after its due... Im hoping this method will cut down the stress. Im so stressed out about this that i actually started having chest pain today..ughhhh..... Gotta take my mind off of this "am i pregnant or not" thing.

Hoepfullll- i gave up on the temping..lol

User Image

11 years ago

Felurian- just read your post. Thanks for keeping me in mind! I put an update to whats going on before i got to read your post.... My fxd so tight they may start to bleed....hahahaha!!!

User Image

11 years ago

So.....I have some very exciting news.

I am only 9DPO so its still really early so I'm having a bit of a hard time accepting it lol but I stupidly at 8DPO took an HPT yesterday morning and I SWORE there was a REALLY faint line so then I took three more lol including a digital. The digital said NOT PREGNANT (so mean!) but the other 2 also had REALLY faint lines.

Then I realized the digital was for 3 days before your expected period and the other tests were for 5 so maybe they are more sensitive. But I was also paranoid because they were blue dye tests and I've had bad experiences with those :/ But on 3 tests??

So.....this morning I took the last test I had which was the digital again, and again NOT PREGNANT ugh but again I'm still more than 3 days out. So I ran myself to the store on the way to work and bought an Answer pink dye test, just took it and there it is, another faint line!

I feel good about this one because its another 5 day before your AF test and its pink dye and it showed up within a couple minutes and kept getting darker! I'm still having such a hard time believing it and will probably have to test everyday all day until those cruel digitals say PREGNANT lol

If this really is it, I'm in total shock because less than 2 weeks ago I was so bummed, thinking I was not even going to ovulate this month from the clomid and now I think I have a BFP!! So don't give up hope!

Here is the image I posted...

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=20965

Val

11 years ago

Vm1980 ~ That is awesome news! And it's about time this forum gets some good news!!!

Hoping4babysoon & Tricia_11 & Agape ~ to each of you!!

Lisserb ~ Keeping my fingers crossed for you too!!

Felurian ~ I'm with ya on waiting to that positive OPK. Today is CD12 for me.

Swimmom & Fords.Girl & Sweeti7628 ~ The only side effects I had from clomid was mainly the hot flashes (from about day 3 of taking clomid until ovulation time). I also had gotten a really bad migrane after 3 days of taking it during round 1 and 2. I took one excerderin migrane tablet and went to bed, and felt fine the next day. I really didn't want to take anything for the pain just incase, but I really just could not bare it any longer. I also had some moodiness with the clomid (that was off and on throughout my cycle). Around ovulation I had lots of cramps and pressure (different from AF cramps though).

And for the ladies asking about BBT, I take mine every morning at 5:30 am (even on the weekends! or i atleast try to. which really sucks!). My temps do seem sporatic at times, but so far I've always been able to see the difference between Pre-ovulation and Post-ovulation. I enter all my temp readings on here, and it really seems to help me.

User Image

11 years ago

Thanks everyone for filling me in on your side effects. So far today has been side effect free for me, so I'm hoping I won't have any more nasty migraines and exhaustion. Another question for those of you who had really long cycles before clomid.... has taking clomid regulated your cycles to 28 days or close to it? Before clomid my cycles were 34-36 days each, but I don't know what to expect with this first cycle with clomid.

Gina (28) DH (41) DS (1/3/2010) Finally pregnant after 18 months of TTC and three rounds of Clomid! User Image

11 years ago

Sweeti7628 ~ I was not ovulating before clomid, and my cycles were really long. They ranged from 29-46 days, most of my cycles were near mid 30s and higher. I am now on my second round of clomid. My first cycle was 30 days long and I ovulated on CD15.

User Image

11 years ago

Thanks JamieNix, that's good to know!

Gina (28) DH (41) DS (1/3/2010) Finally pregnant after 18 months of TTC and three rounds of Clomid! User Image

11 years ago

Hello my clomid friends,
found my way here!! thank you.....btw sorry i havent post in a few days...Well @sweeti7628 my side effects from clomid have been increasing each cycle and my worst effect is the mood swings and headache. they usually subside within a week.
@vm1980 lots of baby dust to you....we so need some good news.
AFM: well according to the program i have on my phone...i should have already ovulated and should be 2 dpo....but i am in a quandry.. if i finished the clomid on the first of april and should in theory ovulate around 5-9 days after oast pill. Well what i guess i am asking is my temps have been the lowest 96.32 and the highest 97.23 but i had gotton up an gone to the bathroom those 2 times. other than that 96.95 was the highest and that was yesterday. Btw sorry for the following TMI- last cycle on clomid i never had egg-white cm...it was thick and blobby. So this month i have been really moist down there and been sore after bd'ing and a little blood taint.... This has been going on for 3 days. anyone know what is going on? am i finally ovulating or what. They only thing i know is what i am doing differently is we are bd'ing everyother day and still tempting. No opk"s this time. I think that is reducing the stress level. Let me know something ladies and thank you for letting vent this frustration.

Donna J. User Image User Image

11 years ago

dmcj101 Just so you know, I didn't ovulate until cycle day 24 so it can definitely happen late with clomid. My doctor was surprised when she called to tell me I had not ovulated based on my 21 day blood draw and I told her I had just gotten a positive OPK the day before. I do watch my temps and they definitely corresponded with the OPKs. Good luck!!

Val

11 years ago

vm..!!!! Congrats! I see that line!!! :) Fingers crossed for an extra sticky bean and that big fat "PREGNANT" showing up no the digi test soon!!

clomid effects - I mostly feel hot flashes.. usually in the weeks after I take the clomid and always at night. I also tend to get really moody in my dpo time frame.. it's like super PMS lol. Luckily, DH has been a saint about it.

Update on me.. Went in to check my follicles and get my trigger shot this morning. I'm CD 12 with a dominate follicle on the left (20mm) and one dominate on the right, as well (16mm). My OB talked me out of the HCG shot.. since the problem isn't me - I ovulate, I'm fertile.. it's DH's semen that's the infertility factor here... they said there's no point in HCG shots if we're not moving forward with IUI this cycle. They even tried to talk me out of the ultrasound (since this is out-of-pocket for me). But I don't know why, I still wanted to do it.

Prior plans to my appt today, I was going to check follicles, get the HCG shot, come home to DH - BD with pre-seed and insert soft cup, and go to work. DH has to work all night, so we figured we get the BDing in before he'd be gone. After being talked out of the shot, DH was still waiting for me at home so we BD'd, and I did the softcup. What the hell... might as well keep trying.. it only takes one good spermie, right?! This is the first time I've used the softcups.. I hope I did it right. I was surprised how easy it went in (when I saw it, I was like - how the hizzy is this thing supposed to go inside and stay?!), but a few hours later (tmi) I noticed fluid/DH semen on my panties when I went to the bathroom. I checked the softcup and it's still in there, but I'm not sure if it's spilling? Or if I have it in wrong?.. or crooked? I usually don't O (according to OPKs) until CD 15 or 16.. so we're a tad early.. but I'm just giving it my all. OB said that he doesn't like OPKs.. that he feels by the time you get a positive, you've actually O'd at least a day earlier... So if that's the case, I'm not taking any chances and BDing and using the soft cups..

Sorry for the novel! Just wondering if anyone had similar issues with softcups?... spillage? lol... Am I using it wrong?!

User Image

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo