Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

171 - 180 of 713 Replies | Last Page

Hello Ladies,

Test was negative :(

2 more rounds of IUI so here is hoping!

7 years ago

Mrs. Anna I'm sorry :( Watch it happen on the last one just to mess with you.

I thought we were going to take some time off, but hubs has already started mentioning us needing to time out days for my fertile window (poor guy has had to listen to me talk about ttc stuff way too much LOL) and when I said I thought we'd take a couple of months off his response was "well why not just keep trying regardless?". Although he could just be wanting to keep BD'ing a lot like we've been - but at least timing it at the right time! haha So only thing we're not using is preseed or opks, still going to BD on days 8,10,12,14,16 and keep taking fertilaid. Hopefully that kicks in this month. As bad as it sounds I don't really want a May baby..I'm a May baby myself and May-July babies kind of suck for schools down here, so if anything hopefully it's an early May baby. But I'll take one whenever it happens and be happy!

7 years ago • Post starter

I'm sorry Mrs. Anna Fingers crossed it happens soon for you!!!

BabyBump, no harm in practicing ! I think it's great that your DH is on board for continuing to try-even though teacher timing isn't ideal (totally get it!!!! same situation!!)

I'm only 4 DPO so nothing to report!! I have zero symptoms or fantom symptoms, which is probably a good thing haha! I'm staying busy and trying to keep my mind off everything. I would LOVE to get a BFP but honestly, I can't say I'd be super devastated to get AF on the 14th. I've been running and working out SO hard and am feeling good about losing weight and getting toned!! We'll see if I can hold off to test until either the day before AF or after if AF doesn't show

7 years ago

I'm sorry Mrs Anna! Hoping and praying this next one is the one!

7 years ago

Thanks so much ladies!

We have decided to take August off and try IUI #2 in September. I am tired of being poked with internal ultrasound rods and needles, lol.

I wish you all the very best in TTC.

7 years ago

Hi All,
Sorry I have been absent, I needed sometime to not obsess and just focus on my health. I have lost about 15-20 lbs and am feeling a lot better and healthier.

I actually spent the weekend before last with a friend of mine who is a physician and also has 2 kids of her own. It was really great to have someone who knows me very well, but also has a background and education in ttcing. She really encouraged me to see the fertility clinic. She has had a number of patients how got pregnant the cycle after the HSG test (were they shoot salien up there to look at your uterus on ultrasound). She couldn't tell me why it might work, but it was definitely a trend she noticed! We are very lucky in Canada, the testing is all covered under our federal health care, so we don't really run into costs until treatments are beginning. DH was on board too, so I called and left a message the other morning and am waiting to hear back (it can take 4-6 weeks to get in at times).

In the meantime, weare still trying. My DH is getting more and more into it, so I got the bulk OPK's and HCG tests (50 opk's and 20 preg tests for $25 on amazon) and started with my first OPK this evening (faint line, but only cd 8). The last time I did OPK's my LH surge wasn't until cd 14 (test line darker than control line). So we shall see. I keep saying I am going to get preseed, but haven't yet.

Fingers crossed for all you ladies !

7 years ago

twwtoolong so glad to have you back! I completely understand about taking time off, I've tried to mentally back down on it all and not obsess as much, its hard. I started exercising and running again a couple of weeks ago and am trying to take my mind off it all by focusing on getting in shape again. I've got 25-30lbs I wouldn't mind losing so thats my goal as I've slightly accepted it may either take a long time or never happen for us.

Hubs and I just started month 2 of fertilaid with dinner, we think it has helped his count so this month is probably the best chances we've had yet - we'll see. I'm on CD 11 now so haven't ovulated yet, pretty close to you.

My doctor recommended the HSG test too but unfortunately in America they don't like us too much so we would have to pay around 1k out of pocket for it. We decided to wait until October (officially trying 1 year) before going that route. Also giving fertilaid a couple of months to work on hub's sperm count and see if thats our only issue. I wonder what causes it, because if just having that test is the magical trick then count me in!

7 years ago • Post starter

I heard the same thing about the HSG but unfortunately it didn't work for me. I had the HSG and then IUI the next month but I've heard it has worked for many people.

7 years ago

Hello everyone!!

Babybump, I hope the fertiliaid helps increase his siwmmers! My fingers are crossed for you!!

I don't really know what the HSG is, does someone mind explaining it?

Welcome back, TWW. Sometimes a little R&R is necessary. Hopefully that's just what the doctor ordered. It's nice that you have a doctor friend you can talk with. She can give her professional perspective and also her personal perspective. It's awesome that hubby is getting so involved. Your federal healthcare makes me want to move to Canada lol But I can't deal with such harsh winters. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you as well!

As for me, I started my new cycle yesterday. I was at work with AF appeared. Mind you, I work for a huge company that employees thousands of people, so I'm in the restroom having a meltdown. I'm sure people were thinking I'm crazy lol
But as I promised myself, since it didn't work out last cycle, I'm taking the rest of the summer off. We'll be NTNP. I'm actually thinking about booking a cruise in the fall, and it might be best to not have morning sickness of a big boat!

Good luck to everyone!

7 years ago

Welcome back twwtoolong! Best of luck with the HSG and I hope everything looks good and you get a BFP soon after!!

Hey Jenna, hope all is well with you....totally get the emotions of it! I took a cheapie today (11 dpo) and it was BFN, which I expected. I always used to hate getting AF for obvious reasons but now I hate it AND it's sad.

So from what I understand, the HSG is when they shoot dye up into the V and uterus. If the fallopian tubes are open, dye will fill the tubes. It's a way to see if there are any blockages or issues that might make conceiving difficult or not possible. It's really just a procedure to check those things. It's not about "working" or "not working" but there is a slight increase in pregnancy rates in the months after the HSG. It's probably related to the flushing of the tubes which could open minor blockage or clean out debris that prevented conception.

Hopefully that makes sense....a cruise sounds fun! :) I would love to get a BFP this cycle, but I'm also working out really hard and trying to get toned (I'm SURE I have abs somewhere...?!) so selfishly, I don't want that derailed haha!!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo