Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one!

View Full Post

I am 42, ttc and wondering if there are any other ladies out there wanting to share their journey. Doesn't -matter if it's your first or your 8th, would love to cycle with you! I am using opk, pre-seed, maca, and other vitamins. Have been told I have border line fsh and not much time! On cycle 2 ttc after a TR in March. Sent my bbt chart to Dr. and was told I was bd-ing too much! whoops! Will cut back this cycle. I am on cd2 and super excited for this round!

User Image

397 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

121 - 130 of 397 Replies | Last Page

it makes me feel better reading these posts I am 41 and half trying for my second. I had a miscarriage in Feb only just 4 weeks, had an ovarian cysts rupture at the same time. I had the dr in emergency say its too be expected at your age. I am going crazy in the testing. I am taking fertile aid, and ordered the mucas enhancer. Making my husband take fertile aid for men. Ordered the monoitor that you use saliva as budget is a factor.I am on day 5 of my cycle, could have sworn I was pregnant last month moody, throwing up, bloated, heart burn, then af appeared and still negative on my fourth pregnancy test.

11 years ago

Welcome to all the new ladies!
Well i am now on the 12th day of high on my cbfm and 3rd month using it. I posted a pic in the ovulation section. The test stick lines are the same color and last month when i got a positive opk the lines were the same color so it's so frustrating to only see high. I have a few more days to officially rule that the monitor is getting the boot. Not sure if i should buy another one or just buy opk strips If i do buy another monitor I'm buying new instead of used. I did reset the used one i bought so by the 3rd month of using it i should of gotten a peak by now!!! So ladies please vote and comment if you have experience with cbfm test stick lines. Thank you!

11 years ago

Well I use the cbfm, this is my 2nd mth using it. this mth Friday and Sat. were high, second line was just slightly fainter than the top one on the stick. I got my Peak on Sunday and today, the second line is about the same as the other if not a bit darker. so I would say just in case jump the SO and start BD'ing, :O)

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Thanks Angel for the feedback I just got a positive opk so i should get a peak in the morning on the monitor but i'm not holding my breath on that one lol. Time for some serious for the next few days!

11 years ago

Hi Ladies hope everyone had a nice weekend. I'm just now catching up my reading here. I agree maybe we do need a little vacation but for me at my age ...its hard to give up trying. 2 miscarriages and then doctors telling me how at my age ..this and that ..so I can understand what some of you have endured at doctors offices. Also when everyone around you sneezes and boom they are pregnant it kinda make s me throw my hands up and give up sometimes. I just heard today my SIL who has 4 kids and is not living with her husband is pregnant with twin boys. I am very happy for her babies are a blessing from God....but at the same time Im like ...but her husband doesn t even want to be in a relationship he doesnt want to work the inlaws despise him because of how he treats her and here I am with the love of my life trying trying trying to conceive and .....nothing...I wonder if I just missed my window. Sorry I dont mean to sound mean or jealous my SIL is an amazing mother and friend she just has a crappy husband who doesnt want to work and doesnt know how to value a good woman. SMH. I know we are all going thru some rought times ttc and I will continue to have faith and pray for all of you this sunday in church especially all of you were in my prayers. Lets all continue to pray for each other. Lots of huggs and Also can anyone tell me which monitors they use and what is this monitor with the salliva im hearing is it effective and what brands are the best Any info would be helpful also is anyone taking any supplements to conceive if so which ones any luck with the one named MACA? take care ladies.

11 years ago

Surprise surprise monitor still on high Gonna go get more opk's today just to prove it wrong again. Shouldnt it have an error msg on it's screen if it's not working properly??

11 years ago

Mommy1990-I have read on the monitor sometimes that can happen and what it is, is if you surge during the night or at another time than when you use your monitor, it doesn't catch the peak. I will have to find the site that I found that on and post the link for you. I know last month I got a + digi opk before the monitor caught my peak. so it does happen. I would definitely be jumping your hubby and getting some BD'ing going on, can't hurt to play on the safe side :)

Chacha- I know what you mean, I have gone through that especially with when I had my miscarriages, I would have a bit of a jealous streak going on, but mine was more, anger than anything with the babies around here that were being abused and or murdered, but yet I lose mine when I may not be a perfect mama, but i sure as heck wouldn't ever hurt my child. And I know we aren't supposed to question God but those were my moments when I was just like "WHY??" and still to this day I get upset over stuff like that. I have to say I did get a bit of a giggle out of your comment about the hubby's sneezing and their wives were preggo, because I was one of those, and was always picked on for it. I guess I just took that for granted, especially now with having trouble. I personally love my clear blue fertility monitor, it is a bit on the pricey side but they have it on Amazon.com for I think $135.00 and it also comes with 30 test sticks. which isn't a bad deal. I also believe you might be able to find some on ebay used. as far as the saliva ones, I haven't ever tried them. I have only used the clear blue smiley digi opks and now the monitor. I think we all just need to keep the faith, keep praying and keep believing that in God's timing we will have our BFP's :)

AFM-just relaxing and jumped the hubby, for some anniversary BD'ing, this past weekend and turned out I got my peak on our anniversary too, woohooo. So just taking it easy, and trying not to go all OCD this mth.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

UPDATE: Got another positive opk today! I will give the monitor one last chance tomorrow to prove it's self lol we catch the egg

11 years ago

11 years ago

Add me to the crew this week! I have not been temping this cycle because I was so sad about last cycle bfn and then super moody and crampy....I actually tried for a week to stop thinking about ttc.....didn't work for long....I am back to very hopeful and lots of prayers. God is our SOURCE! For everything!!! I have been reading a really awesome book called Prayer of Petition...anyway, you are all on my prayer list.

I have done alot of research about maca and it's safe before, during and after pregnancy it's considered a super-food. I am taking it and so is dh. I am also using evening primrose oil in tablet form to help with cm. It really seems to be working! I should be O'ing any day now I only have 9 opk's left so hope I use them wisely! I ususally do 3 per day starting on cycle day 11, but in my moodiness decided I didn't care i was just going to wing it....lol....

Dear God search our hearts, and heal us mentally and physically and spiritually. We pray according to Your Word that says you delight in giving us the desires of our hearts! Lord we desire to have the blessing of more children and will in turn bless you back by giving them the foundation of Your love. Bind us together as sisters in Christ and sisters in ttc who love and support one another in every circumstance. Thank you for this website and the ability to connect to those we would other wise not be able to connect to. I thank you for all these things in Jesus Name!
ps. I think I am the oldest one here, just remember God can do anything!!!! I have heard alot of "at your age" comments! I am not listening to what the world says, I am listening to what my God says and what I know He can do!!!!! woo hooo!!!!! babies for everyone!!!!!

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo