Start a New Topic

Trying to Conceive Discussion Forum

Recent Activity Forum Categories   Hide Signatures

Anyone 38 and higher trying to conceive again? :) - Page 12

Reply by hopefulat40 » Apr. 3, 2012 11:44am

Welcome, Welcome Angel and Harper! :)

TTC - Positive??? :)

Hi ladies!!

Well, possibly 6 dpo...Remember I am trying to relax about ttc ;) Feeling pretty good today! No symptoms yet of course - but normally crampy around this timeframe per dpo. Now that I know my body more as I get older... (and wiser) lol.

I did have a very interesting thing happen on Sunday though - but I didn't admit it to myself. We were at a restuarant and the smell was awful! I kept looking around wondering if anyone else could smell it??? I was cracking myself up!! All I could think of was, "please, please don't bring me a dish that smells that way!" Lastly, I am taking the dha supplement with my prenatals - and I could barely do it yesterday. They smelled too fishy to me. (Yes I know they are). :D

So things that make you go hmmm....

Fingers crossed, for all of us! :)

T

hopefulat40

Reply by torontochick » Apr. 3, 2012 3:01pm

OMG... you ladies are really on a roll here. Congrats Paradise on your BFP. This is amazing news. With that much positive spirit, my IVF cycle #3 must be the charm :)

Me: 43 DBF: 49
13 unsuccessful cycles TTC
IVF #3:
u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C
IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl!
06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

torontochick

Reply by DestinyStarr » Apr. 3, 2012 4:12pm

Good Afternoon Ladies!

@paradise :: Let me preface - I'm actually not sure of my dpo, because I wasn't tracking. I just took a best guess :-)
So, I was about to give up hope on those faint lines at "13 and 14 dpo" (tested w/FRER), and then late in the day on 14dpo I had some strange twinges that prompted me to test again at 15dpo. That morning I got the standard BFP with an Answer HPT. So far, so good. I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow.

@ttc@41 :: ooooooooooooh I'm praying really hard for you that this one sticks!!!!

Welcome to all of the new ladies!!
to you all!!

DestinyStarr

Reply by airiesing » Apr. 3, 2012 5:28pm

Nothing to report today..the midwife got called to a birth so they rescheduled for tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Me: almost 42 (May)
DH: 42
DD: soon to be 3 (also May!) Honeymoon baby conceived at 38, born at 39
08/11 mc 9.5 weeks. Lost heartbeat, growth stopped 7.5 weeks d&c 11weeks
02/12 chemical pg 4 weeks + 4 (surprise pg)
04/12 BFP!! EDD 12/09/12 PLEASE GOD! PRAISE GOD!!
My cocktail:prenatal baby aspirin EPO cd1-O B-100 maca, vitex green tea
Now: Prometrium 100mg, by mouth, 2x a day

airiesing

Reply by paradisein2011 » Apr. 4, 2012 12:52pm

Thanks DestinyStarr, I too am not totally sure of my DPO but I am thinking it is right about 15 today and that is if I ovulated when I got the positive although those ovulation tests say you dont actually ovulate until around 24 to 36 hours after you get a positive so if that is the case, then I am actually not even 15 dpo yet. Anyways, my update is promising. I went in for another blood test to check my quant levels and it had went from 30 Friday to 124 yesterday (Tuesday). The doc says that is great for where I am at but I am still nervous because I am still not getting dark lines on my pregnancy tests. I have been using the first response, Answer and Dollar Tree brands. The first response and Answer tests give me a very good descent line although they still aren't as dark as control line but the Dollar Tree test is really freaking me out because it is still very light, although I can definitely see it. If my numbers are at 124 now, shouldn't those test lines be just as dark as the control lines by now? I am still so afraid of a chemcal waiting to happen. Am I just stressing for no reason?

paradisein2011

Reply by airiesing » Apr. 4, 2012 2:36pm

@ paradise: I so feel ya!! I had a chem in Jan/Feb (crossed over the end of Jan) I'm scared to death too!! I do find w/ the dollar store test (because I've done 4!! in the last 48 hours that they do come up right away but take about 15 minutes to truly develop all their color. the last 2 of mine were lighter at 3-5 minutes but by the end of 15, they were both darker than the control line. There's info on peeonastick.com too!!

AFM: Had my appt today & my confirming pee test. Met one of the 3 midwives on staff (love that!!) convinced her to order the blood test, she wanted to wait until 7 weeks but conceded w/ my history that it wasn't a bad idea. I'll hopefully get those 3's tomorrow & a follow up draw hopefully too Friday or Saturday. Not feeling a whole lot right now, which always makes me nervous!!!!

Cheers ladies!!

airiesing

Reply by DestinyStarr » Apr. 4, 2012 3:01pm

@paradise :: No stress honey!! Lines are LINES! I've read that the intensity of the line cannot always be used as a good measure. Each HPT has differing sensitivity levels and amounts of dye --- so I'd strongly rely on those betas! They are sounding GOOD!!! When I had my chemical, my HcG was a whopping 25. So, I think a jump from 30 to 124 is VERY promising for where you are in your cycle! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

@aireising :: to you!! Can't wait to hear about your results!!

DestinyStarr

Reply by doestate » Apr. 4, 2012 6:36pm

11 dpo, broke down and tested this morning but there was only one line. I know the TWW isn't up yet but not feeling too hopeful about this cycle now.

Congtats to the BFP's.

doestate

Reply by mama_belle3 » Apr. 4, 2012 8:33pm

Hi all,

Hopeful: oh wow, the mysterious icky smells. I remember when I was pregnant with my son it constantly smelled like someone was cooking tomato sauce but the onions and garlic were so strong. It may not sound gross but it made me nauseous. Good luck!

Paradise: Congratulations! Try not to stress, if the doc says that 30 to 124 is great (easier said than done, I know). Dollar tree sells HPTs? I had bought generic OPKs that never gave me a dark line last month, gonna get the expensive ones this month.

airiesing: Good for you convincing the midwife to order the blood test. Good luck.

torontochick: Hmm, I think we have CoQ10 in the house for my husband (he gets migraines). I may have to take some.

doestate: Welcome! I can't say that I've had those symptoms. I was pretty oblivious the first time I was pregnant (up until the point where AF was due and never showed).

harper37: Welcome! And good luck!

angel197088: Welcome! 41 with an 11 months thanks for bringing some HOPE. Good luck.

AFM: So much for my TWW. showed up today:(. I was expecting her on Friday. I never poas. I can't figure out when I O'd. Ugh. Any tips you all have are welcome.

mama_belle3

Reply by ttc@41 » Apr. 4, 2012 11:48pm

Hey there ladies.

Paradise: I just use the same brand and compare the tests from 2 days earlier. The other thing is they are not all equal they are just measuring the presence of bhcg not the amount so much. I understand the most accurate measurement is blood tests which should double every 2 or 3 days. Most test won't be the same colour as the test line till the levels are in the thousands. It's hard not to feel worried but your numbers sound good.

Afm: well I am 13dpo tests are no longer squinters so no doubt I am pregnant especially now that it is showing up at about 2 mins. More importantly I feel like I have been run over by a bus, I feel sick and I am peeing like crazy. So far so good. Looking forward to time passing as quickly as possible so I can know that everything is normal.

ttc@41

Reply by DestinyStarr » Apr. 5, 2012 3:00am

OMG @ttc@41!!! That is awesome news!
and tons of !!!!

DestinyStarr

Reply by scal33 » Apr. 5, 2012 3:09am

Hello ladies,

I am 42 and ttc for 2 months now. I had my copper IUD removed in January after 7 long years.....now am afraid I waited to long to have another baby. I know its been only 2 months that we have been ttc and i dont want to feel like there is no hope for us.
I dont know why but for the past 2 months that we have been ttc I could swear I feel pregnant, I have all the symptoms and i get my hopes high to just find out that AF arrives on time.
I wish all of you good luck in ttc

Baby dust to all

scal33

Reply by paradisein2011 » Apr. 5, 2012 7:32am

Thanks everyone. I am going back to the doc again today to get another quant level checked. My last one was Tuesday so it's been 48 hours today, but I am not feeling very hopeful at all. I am almost positive that I am about to have a chemcal again. My preg tests this morning are lighter than yesterdays tests. I used the Answer brand and the Dollar Tree brand yesterday morning and this morning and I could tell that the Answer brand was just a smidge lighter than the one yesterday. The Dollar Tree brand was very light and took at least 10 minutes to even show a line. Another big clue to me is that I am not having any pregnancy symptoms whatsoever. In fact I feel better now then I did when I wasn't pregnant. Is that normal to not have any symptoms right now. I should be at 16 dpo from my calculations. I am peeing a lot but only in the mornings. I have drank nothing but water for the last week and even wondered if that could be causing the lighter tests. The only hope I have right now is if what ttc@41 said that the tests won't be the same colors until the beta levels are in the thousands. I am so hoping this is true! But, I really feel that this one is not going to stick again. I will keep you guys updated as soon as I know something today. Thank you all so much for your responses. This is so scary!

paradisein2011

Reply by cykrrn » Apr. 5, 2012 8:15am

Hello Ladies, I'm not familiar with all of the appreviations so forgive me for spelling it all out. I'm 42 and have been trying to conceive for 5 mths but 'actively' for 1 mth. I started using an ovulation kit and measuring my bbt. I had no idea that TTC was going to be so difficult. I have 2 sons 26 y/o and 20 y/o. Some would say I'm crazy but being a mom is my favorite thing in the world. My concern is having a healthy baby, of course. I'm 5 dpo and I started feeling fevered yesterday; still just don't feel good. I had some pain in my R ovary which is the ovary that ovulated. Every month, on the week past ovulation I started feeling pregnant. I swore I was pregnant last month and ended up not. My bf and I decided to give this 4 months. That's it! I'm not sure I could handle much more than that. I'm starting to obsess over it. I joined this site to give and receive support.

cykrrn

Reply by angel197088 » Apr. 5, 2012 9:24am

Congratulations @ttc@41!!!!!! so awesome!!

kind of in a fog atm, but to the person that thanked me for giving HOPE for having our 11 mth old son, I feel there is always HOPE, if it is in God's plan for us.

Now i'm having anxiety issues, as I do believe I just got 2 very faint positives on FRER. Even my son sees the lines, so maybe its just not me???? Posted the pics, but the pics really don't do much justice although it is very faint and I am 9dpo today. as my daughter would say "OH MY GOOODERNESS!" going to wait and test again tomorrow morning, and wait to tell hubby until I know for sure and it's not another chemical, but last mth with my chemical I didn't even get a faint until 11dpo. Could this be my easter gift to my family? what a blessing, and also estimated due date would be Dec. 18, 4 days after my birthday. wooohoooo. hard not trying to get my hopes up.

angel197088

Reply by airiesing » Apr. 5, 2012 11:40am

Wow! I think we need to do a BFP role call, we're gettin' knocked up all over the place!!! LOL!

Afm: I got my numbers back for the 1st draw...I know I have to wait for the 2nd draw for conclusive results but my hcg is 656, which as far as I can tell from "Dr. Google" is pretty good at this point (17 dpo) and my progesterone is 37.5!!! Even the nurse said that was a great #! I know "be careful what you ask for" but I do wish I was feeling more. It just make a girl feel a little more secure!

airiesing

Reply by paradisein2011 » Apr. 5, 2012 11:47am

Ok ladies, I went in and got another quant test done but wont have the results for a couple more hours but I had to let you ladies know something that I just found out from the lab tech and i beleive she is right because I tested it... I asked her why in the world are my home preg tests still not giving me a good dark line as dark as the control line. She said if I have been drinking a lot of water, even if it is first morning urine, that the water will dilute my urine. I have been drinking NOTHING but water for a week now and guess what? I came back home after drinking a Burger King Frappe and had to pee again so I thought I would do two more tests. This time I used a first Response (they have seemed to give me the best lines since Friday) and I used another Dollar Tree test... OMG... the First Response test line is almost as dark as the control line. The Dollar Tree test is still lighter but it was actually darker than the one that I used this morning with fmu was. Can you believe this? Who would have thought that drinking lots of water would dilute the urine even by using fmu. That made my day to see that darker line but I am impatiently waiting for my results to see if my numbers increased any since Tuesday. I am praying they go up. I will post soon.

paradisein2011

Reply by hopefulat40 » Apr. 5, 2012 1:33pm

Wow!! Look at all the "fine wine chicks" getting pregnant! I love it... Yes, can we have a roll call and perhaps a drum roll.... :)

So here's what I think so far for the BFPs on this thread..

Destinystar
TTC41
Airiesing
Paradise
Angel

Welcome cykrnn and scal!! :)

I am so inspired by the strong ladies on this thread!! xxx

T

hopefulat40

Reply by angel197088 » Apr. 5, 2012 2:30pm

yeppers I think i have, my BFP. I just had to pee on something. so i held it and held it, and did another FRER and got another faint positive. so trying reallly hard to wait until tomorrow to do my next test. I have the first two in the gallery. to see what others see, to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Cuz at first I thought my oldest was just being a smart aleck. Kind of hard to see in the pics but they're there.

Congratulations to all you other ladies, wooohooo! MY thoughts and prayers to you all.

angel197088

Reply by ttc@41 » Apr. 5, 2012 2:48pm

Paradise: I also get a stronger result in the day not from my FMU.

The list is getting longer of BFPs, good luck everyone, i wish you all pregnancy sickness, sore breasts and lots of toilet stops!

ttc@41