Community post

Discussion

Period Late, HPT all Negative, but...

I just finished reading story after story of women who were told they weren't pregnant by their doctors, who had taken lots of HPT's that kept coming back negative but were indeed...pregnant. Many times nothing would show until months into the pregnancy.

I'm wondering who else has experienced this? What did you do? Did you go to the doctor demanding a blood test? Have those been inaccurate too?

I feel pregnant. I just don't feel my norm. But every test I take it negative. My very regular period isn't showing up, yet I feel like it should be in terms of symptoms. So, without trying to psych myself out, just wondering what other stories are out there about negative tests and pregnancy results that didn't show a positive until much later in the pregnancy.

26 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 26 Replies | Last Page

im going through the same thing right now. all my hpts are coming back negative. im 5 days late, 17dpo. i went for a blood test today and should get the results by thursday. ill report back to let you know.

i suggest getting a blood test just to be certain.

me: 27 bf: 38 | JAN 2012 - | MAY 2014 - | JUNE 2014 - | JULY 2014 - | AUG 2014 - | SEPT 2014 - User Image

12 years ago

Do let us know what you find out!

I'm new to all this stuff... so when you called the dr's office, what exactly did you say? My period's late and I want to have a blood test?

12 years ago • Post starter

I made the appoitment and when i went in we talked about my symptom and my late period and she suggested the blood test I didn't even have to ask. But yeah just simply ask for a blood test

My blood test came back negative. I'm beyond surprised. I was soo sure. But I didn't get a bfp last time until I was two and a half weeks late so maybe that's what's happening now.

me: 27 bf: 38 | JAN 2012 - | MAY 2014 - | JUNE 2014 - | JULY 2014 - | AUG 2014 - | SEPT 2014 - User Image

12 years ago

I was thinking about waiting until about that same time myself. I'm at cycle day 38 so technically my period's only one week late so far. I just hate going to the doctor so I'm dreaded making the phone call... even for something that could potentially be exciting!

Last night I felt all crampy like my period was going to start this morning and woke up expecting it to be there but again... nothing. This is so funky and frustrating. Everything about me points to it starting.

I am going to wait it out another week or so. Maybe even use some ovulation tests then to see if anything is going on along those lines just in case.

I've been home with the flu for four days, so I'm sure my body is all out of whack regardless!

Thanks for checking back in. Best wishes to you, too!

check back in regularly and let me know how its going. im pulling for you. fingers crossed!!

12 years ago

Thanks!
I've had some light spotting yesterday and today like my period was going to start, but still nothing. I made an appointment for next Wednesday to see the doctor.

I've had light cramping since Friday and super light spotting. But still no positive HPT. I'm counting down the days to wednesday and my dr's appt! My body has NEVER acted like this before. That, and I have to pee all the time, too.

*sigh*

I hope this is the real deal.

Im glad Im not the only one getting (possibly) false negatives! I took at cheapie at 10 DPO (FMU), and again today and 14 DPO (early afternoon). Both BFN. AF was due yesterday or today... no sign of her yet! Im testing again with FMU using a FRER. Me and my BF both feel like this is our month!

12 years ago

I'm now at cycle day 44, 29 days past ovulation. My period never came, though I've been spotting now for four days and cramping all four days. I've taken four negative HPT.

Until this morning... I got a very faint positive line on the cheap internet dip tests. It took 29 days past ovulation! I already had a doctor's appt scheduled for today, so I'm hoping for the same news from them as well. The constant spotting and cramping from the last few days has me a little concerned, but from my reading online, it seems that this can be just normal pregnancy stuff, too.

Hoping for a baby!

good luck!!!!!

as for me, af arrived today in full force. im out.

12 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo