Day Past Ovulation 56789101112131415    
Start a New Topic

Trying to Conceive Discussion Forum

Recent Activity Forum Categories   Hide Signatures

TTC - New and looking for cycle buddies

Category: Trying to Conceive - TTC My First Child
Posted by pinkkate » May. 3, 2012 10:51pm

Hi I am 24 and DH is 29 and we are trying for number one after being married almost two years.

We have been trying for a few months without much success.

I am currently cd 2/3 and lookinf for anyone who wants to chat or be buddies. I am starting to temp this month as well as opks and preseed.

pinkkate
Reply by HAJ555 » May. 4, 2012 2:59am

I'll be your cycle buddy! I'm on CD 3! My husband and I are TTC #1 as well and this will be our 3rd cycle trying. Me-26, DH-27

We have been married 5 years and weren't planning on TTC for another year. However, my husband was just diagnosed with a grade 3 varicocele during an annual physical and the doctors said we pretty much have to go straight to IUI/IVF in order to conceive. We decided to go ahead and try on our own first for 6 months (since we weren't expecting to start TTC now anyways) and then might try something different if his SA comes back bad again after all of the vitamins I'm pumping in him!

I temped last month for the first time and we used OPKs, but apparently neither of those helped us...hoping for better luck this month!

HAJ555

Reply by pinkkate » May. 4, 2012 4:21am

Awesome!!

Sorry to hear about the issues with you husband. I hope you get your BFP without having to try for much longer!

pinkkate

Reply by HAJ555 » May. 4, 2012 10:54pm

Thanks! I hope y'all do too!

I'm just trying not to stress about it yet. A part of me wishes we hadn't found out about it so we could just enjoy this time. Trying to stay positive since it is only our 3rd month trying :) I know it can take normal couples around 9 months so that gives me a little more hope!

HAJ555

Reply by KateS86 » May. 6, 2012 8:30pm

Hi ladies,

I am 25 and also ttc #1. I am 8dpo and hoping this is our month. We have been ttc since July last year. My husband has also been diagnosed with varicocele a few months ago. I still have hope that we will conceive naturally.

I wish we had never found out also but I have heard some success stories! Who knows how many men out there conceive naturally and never know they have a varicocele.

KateS86

Reply by HAJ555 » May. 9, 2012 3:11am

Hi KateS86! Glad you are joining us! Wish I was already 8dpo instead of on CD 8! My husband has the same viewpoint as you and I am trying to see it that way too :) It is very true, that there are probably loads of couples who don't even realize they have infertility problems and were successful on their own! I just hate how the doctors push IUI/IVF so quickly once you are diagnosed. They aren't getting our money that easy :)

Has your husband had the surgery to fix the varicocele? We are going to wait about a year (if it takes that long) before we consider it. I've read mixed reviews about the surgery and the SAs after worry me more...is there anything your husband has done/changed since the diagnosis? All my husband has changed so far is wearing boxers, no alcohol/caffeine, and lots of vitamin E. His sperm count and motility were great (153 mil and 79%) on his first SA two months ago, but his morph was 3% strict making him sub fertile :( I know it only takes one though!

Hoping it's your month too! Stay positive! Keep us updated!

HAJ555

Reply by KateS86 » May. 9, 2012 3:50am

Our doctor was trying to talk us into surgery pending the results of the SA. I am not real keen on the idea myself only that the samples can change so much from month to month so how do they really know the surgery has made a difference? I am no doctor though I suppose.

Only changes we have made are also the boxers and he has cut back on alcohol (he doenst have much caffeine anyways) and has started taking multi vitamins.

He had a similar result in the SA to your dh, only really the morphology was a small problem. Thats right though it does only take 1!!

Hope you have some good luck and we can both prove those doctors wrong!

KateS86

Reply by pinkkate » May. 11, 2012 12:15am

Ladies,

I have been a bit slack with the replies. Lovely to meet you both. How are you both going this month? Sorry to hear you are both having issues with Husbands fertility.

pinkkate

Reply by emijeanz » May. 11, 2012 10:15am

Hi there!

I am 26, DH is also 26. We've been married about 2.5 years. We've been ttc for 5 months with no luck. I am currently on cd9.

I stress out about this a lot. In March, I found out my sister-in-law was pregnant after being married for only a month. That has added some stress. We keep telling ourselves we really haven't been trying that long, but when somebody gets PG after one month of trying, you really start to doubt yourself.

Anyway, we're not using many fertility aids quite yet. I drank a glass of decaf green tea every day last month. I also completely cut out caffeine. I don't drink coffee anyway, but I cut out the diet coke, etc. But that didn't seem to help. I've been taking prenatals daily for the past few months. This month, I am just going about my life as usual. Trying not to put too much pressure on myself. I'm charting my bbt, which I didn't do the first few months. OPKs last month and this month. Also going to start checking CM. I'm considering using preseed as my CM never seems to become ewcm. Not that I notice anyway. How did you get the preseed? Do you have to order it online?

Thanks!

emijeanz

Reply by nannb2012 » May. 11, 2012 10:41am

Hi all, I'm on CD11, and i've been looking for people who are TTC as well. I'm 30, DH 30 as well... We each have children from prior relationship but none together. We have been TTC since March, no success. This month, we started using the ClearBlue digital OPK. I got my :) smiley this morning, so we are going to BD for the next 3 days, and hopefully will have good success. I've has EWCM for the past 2 days so I think its safe to think this is my time to O. I'm so glad we did the OPK testing, this whole time we thought my O time was CD 16-18, so we were way off.

I've been having a panic attack all day after seeing that :) smiley this morning... a hundred and one thoughts run through my head. I just bought the BBT thermometer and it arrived yesterday. I figured i'd start charting tomorrow, but not sure what good it'll do since the +OPK came today. I've heard of people having 2 LH surges one early and one later when O occurs... Has anyone experienced this?

nannb2012

Reply by HAJ555 » May. 12, 2012 11:30pm

Hi Ladies! CD 12 now and still negative OPKs...Last month I ovulated on CD 14, or at least that is what Fertility Friend thinks, which was the same day I got my first positive OPK. I check two times a day so hopefully I can catch it again. We BD'd CD 11, 13, 14 & 15 last month with no luck so trying CD 11-15 this month...

Hope you have better luck this month, nannb2012, with the OPK help!

Emijeanz, I completely understand the frustration of people getting pregnant asap...Almost everyone around us is pregnant or already pregnant with their second child easily! It's only month 3 for us TTC, and I'm already frustrated...I read all of these posts about women who say "just stop trying and it will happen naturally" and wonder if they really weren't "trying"! It makes it harder to not "try" when we know we are dealing with MIF now...We HAVE to try harder...ugh. I just hate how they scared us in school that the first time you have unprotected sex, whenever it is, you get pregnant. If I would have known how complicated it would be we would have started earlier and I wouldn't have even bothered with stupid BCP and all of their horrible side effects...

Trying to stay positive though...I hope we can prove those doctors wrong, KateS86!

HAJ555

Reply by KateS86 » May. 13, 2012 3:14am

It is really a horrible feeling when everyone around you seems to get pregnant so easily. You want to be happy for them but you can't help but resent them just a little.

Back to CD2 for me :( Going to try and "Stop trying" and see how that goes. I doubt I will be able to help myself though. I don't think the stress and disappointment every month would help much with getting pregnant. I wish I knew how to just "Switch it off".

I haven't had much experience with the OPK or temp charting. But I did buy one of those Maybe Baby saliva microscope things, might see if I can get the hang of that one.

KateS86

Reply by babydreams2012 » May. 13, 2012 1:49pm

hi al im new to this and trying to concieve my 1st child,my hubby's 4th, been married 4 year on the 28th of june, ive had 2 miscarrige's in the past....so this month is our first ttc month and now i am on 1 dpo, and since a hour ago ive had lower cramps and cramps on my right side slighlty bloated so to all xx hope for xxx

babydreams2012

Reply by emijeanz » May. 14, 2012 1:38pm

KateS86 and HAJ555, there is definitely some resentment. I really want to be happy for her and all the other girls who are pregnant b/c I would want them to be happy for me when it happens to me eventually. The ones who don't really have to try or only for a month or two, they just don't know how we feel.

I am on cd12, still getting neg opks, but past few months this site and fertility friend thought I ovulated on cd15. DH and I are going to be bding all week, as much as possible. I started check my cm this month, it had mostly just been sticky. Today it was stretchier. I got it to stretch about an inch in between my fingers. Kinda gross, sorry. But I guess that's a good sign.

I totally get the "it'll happen when you stop trying" all the time. I keep thinking I will stop trying, but how do you stop trying when you want it so badly that it's all you think about? That and everyone else around you is pg. Not easy. I think I've done better this month, but I haven't gotten to the tww yet. That's the part that drives me crazy. We'll see.

Pinkkate - how are you doing so far this cycle?

emijeanz

Reply by purplepeanut6 » May. 14, 2012 2:18pm

Hi!
I am also TTC #1! This is cycle #2 for me. DH and I are both 23, and have been married for 15 months. I would love to have some buddies on the site :)

purplepeanut6

Reply by HAJ555 » May. 14, 2012 8:01pm

KateS86, so sorry to hear the witch showed up :( I wish I could switch it off too and not obsess over it so much. I'm about to go through the TWW (CD 14 today for me) which was the worst last month because I had almost every symptom except implantation bleeding only to get another BFN...not sure which symptoms to pay attention to this month...

Still getting negative stark white OPKs since CD 11, which is strange since I at least had a faint line leading up to O day which was CD 14 last month...Maybe I am going to ovulate late? I've only had 2 cycles since going off birth control in March, and they have both been 28 days... I know I didn't miss it because my temps are still very low. Gonna test this afternoon to see if I get a + reading.

How are you feeling babydreams2012? Any early pregnancy symptoms yet? FX for you!

Welcome purplepeanut6! What CD are you on?

HAJ555

Reply by purplepeanut6 » May. 14, 2012 8:07pm

Hey HAJJ!

I am on cycle 2 CD 11... going to take my first OPK wed.. so nervous! :/

purplepeanut6

Reply by HAJ555 » May. 14, 2012 8:37pm

Aww don't be nervous! The OPK part is fun! It's the next test two weeks later that is the nerve wrecking one :))

HAJ555

Reply by purplepeanut6 » May. 14, 2012 8:46pm

Thanks! :) I hope they are both !

purplepeanut6

Reply by HAJ555 » May. 14, 2012 8:50pm

Me too! Hopefully I will get my first + this afternoon!

HAJ555

Reply by purplepeanut6 » May. 14, 2012 10:47pm

GL HAJ!

purplepeanut6